Monday 12 March 2012

Produce & Induce

The instrumental we used was an existing project of mine which was already released on YouTube but I edited it for coursework use. I upgraded my instruments kit and the quality of the bass and the shakers improved drastically. I also added a longer choir drop.


We then got round to recording the vocals and that was not done in a proffessional studio. We didn't have time for that. Instead we used a high quality microphone, the Blue Yeti. I was suprised at the quality the microphone was able to putput. Ayo and Sam recorded the lyrics and vocals and then mastered and put everything together in Logic.

The song was exported in the file format .wav which meant the compression would not be so high consequently resulting in a larger file (23mb) but also a higher quality file.

No comments:

Post a Comment